Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm Your Person


My entire life (I'm counting my whole life from the age of three) I've had a best friend. I wouldn't say that we've actually been best friends those entire fifteen years, but I'd say pretty much a large portion of it we were. I've known Nancy five sixths of my whole life. That's a long time. You don't know someone that long and not learn everything there is to know about them.
I know that Nancy feels sick when she drinks milk, but she sometimes does anyway
I know that she will spend hours making a delicious dessert, because it's so worth it
I know that for her, usually getting ready is more fun than the actual event
I know that she likes to touch faces, and has had her dinosaur quillow her whole life
I know that she loves aesthetics. Especially buildings
She has great running form, and she's got a rocking body, cause we're smokin' hot wives ;)
She hates thrifting, but respects those of us who can
She's funny (at least to me), she thinks I'm funny too (I honestly didn't know that was possible), and she can spiritually uplift me any time, with just a wonderful text.

I explained to her a while ago that I know we'll be best friends forever because we try so hard to always help the other back onto the right path if we ever stray. Even if she's struggling, Nancy never ever gives me advice that would lead me to make wrong choices.

And also, we're just obnoxiously close. We have the little telepathy thing going on, where we just happen to know what the other is thinking, anytime. Never play pictionary with us. It's brutal.

Anyway, I miss her. I haven't seen her in a while and it sucks to know that we won't see each other for a few more months. I can talk to boyfriend, and all my friends here, but when you need your number one best friend, your future maid of honor, your piano (code name, don't worry about it), sometimes you just need that sexy little freak and no one else.

I think I'll go write her a letter.

Also, the video of Cristina and Meredith is definitely Nancy and I. She's Cristina, and I'm Meredith. And she is SO my person.

Love, Sarai

2 comments:

Meg Jorgensen said...

Thanks so much for peeking at my blog!!! Yours is adorable! Are you at BYU?

Sherri said...

I know what you mean...Best friends truly are the BEST! Thanks for your comment :)

sherri from SHERRI AMOUR