Wednesday, May 9, 2012

happy birthday to me



So my birthday was on Sunday. I was dreading this birthday because it meant that i'm really turning into an adult. There's no turning back now. You would think 18 would mean that but it doesn't. You're still in high school and acting like an idiot. But it's a good thing i'm so short and could pass as a 15 year old for a few more years... Maybe that's wishful thinking though since in the past week two people thought I was 21 and were surprised to find out i'm only 19. 
Anyway, enough with mourning my childhood. My old roommates stopped by and gave me a HUGE birthday card, then we went on a picnic, watched pride and prejudice, and some girls from church gave me a giant Hershey bar. Oh and I was sang to by my soon-to-be brother-in-law in Spanish, and by my grandparents (I never answer when they call because I want them to sing to my voicemail so I can listen to it for the next week :) Overall it was a pretty good birthday!
I still wish I was Peter Pan though and could fly away to a land where fairies exist...

~Nancy



No comments: