Monday, October 29, 2012

Still Reaching for the Moon




Details:

Coat-thrifted
Tights-Forever 21
Booties-thrifted
Dress-Inherited from Sydney
Bow-Icing

My new Audrey movie of the week is Sabrina. I haven't seen it since I was a very young teenager, but Humphrey Bogart is pretty wonderful. I love him in Casablanca, and now I want to watch that one too. Haha I'm so in love with old movies. I thought it was because of my Mom, but my sisters don't love old movies... so I'm not sure what it is that created this whirlwind of old-fashioned love in my heart.

Anyway. I did lunch with my sweet friend Brittni today. I love our super-girly lunch dates :)

She has this boy she's been seeing, and wonderfully it has been going very well. She thinks it's getting pretty serious. Which makes me deliriously love happy, because this sweet girl deserves nothing but the best. We caught up, and she gushed, and it made my little heart swell a tiny bit :) I hope she marries him...

But this conversation got me to think. I know how to settle. I'm good at it. I settle for people who don't always treat me the best, because I just think that they need someone too. And because I never seem to find people who treat me like a princess. Or I like the ones who don't really see me. So this talk with Brittni made me realize that those men, they actually do exist. And I probably shouldn't settle. And I should strive for someone who wants me for me, and who treats me well.

Because I expect a boy who will lasso the moon for me :)

Sabrina quote:

Thomas Fairchild: He's still David Larrabee, and you're still the chauffeur's daughter. And you're still reaching for the moon. 
Sabrina Fairchild: No, father. The moon is reaching for me.

Anyway, life is good, and wonderful, and nothing ever matters except that life will always be wonderful :)

Love, Sarai

PS:


No comments: