Sunday, October 21, 2012

Top Banana
















Details:
Horse earrings-Claire's
Striped Sweater-Forever 21
Belt-Forever 21
Skirt-Thrifted
Shoes-Forever 21

I've been in love with all things Audrey Hepburn since I was a child, and my mother sat me down to watch Sabrina, and Roman Holiday, Funny Face, and Breakfast at Tiffany's with her. She planted the seed of sophistication in my heart, and now, I'm beyond hope. I'm obsessed. Audrey is my icon. The end.

So really, my number one favorite of all her movies is probably Funny Face. But Breakfast at Tiffany's is the one that has had the biggest impact on my personality. If I could be Holly Golightly, living my life in New York, being a sophisticated drifter, not letting anyone own her... I just love it. I love that she's eccentric, and scared, and a big phony. I want to have a couch made of half a bathtub. I want the sweet writer who falls head over heels in love with me. 

But, alas, I am in college, studying to be a filmmaker. Because I'm just that obsessed with movies. And I want to create the sort of dreams that girls like me will always have. 

Another thing I love about that movie: It gave me the greatest philosophy I've ever heard.

"It's useful being top banana in the shock department"





And this is lovely Diana, who takes my pictures :)

She's a doll

Love, Sarai

PS:



1 comment:

Todd said...

"You're already in a cage, you built it yourself!" Great line.