Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Guys 'n' Gals



Vest: Icing, Sweatshirt: WWU, Leggings: F21, Boots: Target, Bag: Thrifted, Watch: gifted



cardigan: thrifted, Blouse: F21, Pants: F21, Boots: Delia's, Watch: gifted
It's interesting to me. The difference between guys and girls, that is. I was talking to a friend today, and he mentioned the study that was done at Utah State (I think), and how girls always say they can be "just friends" with a guy, and guys always say no, they can't. I just think it's fascinating. On any given day, I could name multiple men who I am just friends with, and who I assume would feel the same way about me. But then this friend pointed out that guys put girls and guys into different categories. As women, we can put everyone into the same category. Guys and girls can be our best friend that we never have any sexual or romantic feelings for, despite the kinship we do feel. But men don't put any women into the same category as men. So that's intriguing... 

Well. That conversation changed my perspective on pretty much all of my male friends...

The other thing that was on my mind today was my post from Sunday night... 

I'm mildly (or majorly) embarrassed. It seems that my dramatics may have caused either amusement, or alarm in people. I promise, i'm the most dramatic person alive. I have no spectrum for emotional scale, so everything is "theworstthingthathaseverhappenedtome". End of story. So I hate when people think that I'm really just this crazy. I know it might seem like I'm full of psycho emotion, and that everything is the end of the world. But I use strong language on here. Exaggerated. Absolutelypositivelyalways. I'm obnoxiously dramatic. It should go without saying that I assume that I can say what I need to on this blog, without the awkwardness of in-real-life consequences, mostly because I leave out names and details. But awkwardness is my middle name. I can't say I didn't think certain people would read this, but I suppose it just slipped my mind. I don't think I'm making much sense. But no matter. Let's just say, I apologize for any who is reading this here ol' bloggy blog and thinks I'm ridiculous/crazy. Life really isn't as bad as I make it seem...

to prove that I don't take myself too seriously, here is the most unflattering picture that Nancy just so happened to snap of me. This is disgusting guys...


Do something brave today,

Sarai

PS:


2 comments:

Elisabeth @ Imma Walking Fashion Crime said...

Hahahaha! You guys are cute!!! :) Loving the furry vest and the bird shirt. My fav :) Slash it totally WAS done at Utah State! haha :) I actually know the guy who filmed it. He got like a ton of money. LOL :)

his little lady said...

Okay, you both are absolutely adorable! I'm loving both of these casual and fun layered looks :)
xo TJ