Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Somethin' Stupid






Nancy and I both have a tendency to take an obscene number of self-portraits. Hers are usually when she's putting off homework, and they're hilarious. She likes to post those on my wall because rarely do we have moments together to just talk. 

It's a rare day when the pictures are somewhat flattering. Usually they're just entertaining. So taking advantage of good pictures is definitely a thing.

The last few days have been interesting. Developments in my life can be stressful, even at the best of times. But these weren't entirely the best of times. But I think I'm learning something. I put myself out there a lot, and sometimes that's horrifying. But I will always be grateful for courage. 

Mostly I'm grateful because it turns out I can encourage others to be brave too. If things don't work out, fine. But when they do, you made this glorious decision to open your life up to new possibilities. Beautiful, don't you think? So I'm happy to be someone who cultivates bravery in all aspects of life.

And when it doesn't work out, oh well. Maybe you spoiled everything by saying something stupid, like "I love you".

But best case scenario, you made a new start for yourself.

Be. A. Brave. Soul.

Love, Sarai

PS:


No comments: